Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

3 mountain passes

Today was a great day for riding.  Beautiful weather.  I rode over 3 mountain passes today, did a total of 82.5 miles.   All were over 5000 ft elevation, and the climbs were between 1000 and 1300 ft.    Met up with other bikers today.  Including a family that is taking a bike tour of Oregon (a lunch party!), and Karen - she and I keep passing each other on the road.

All in all a good day; and less than 500 miles to go.  I will ride to the coast, the north up the coast to Astoria, my final destination.




 a lunch party

Summit Dixie Pass, (5277 ft)

Top of Tipton Mountain  (5124 ft)

3 comments:

  1. I know you don't believe it now, but you're going to feel awfully sad when you're done and think of all the places you've seen and all the wonderfull people you've met along this long road. Happy trails, Jeff. Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my Jeff! Fantastic riding!! (Sorry about the no comments lately--been down visiting the sister in Colo.) I went up from Riverton WY to Dubois, past our wonderful Crowheart store, and saw TONS of bicyclists, going both directions. Now that I know that you REALLY ARE REAL people on those bikes, I want to stop each one and get their stories. Each one of you must have a wealth of richness inside you that makes you do such INCREDIBLE feats of perservance and strength. I think about your story, and know that on those moments when you are REALLY alone, that you have deep deep friends that are riding silently beside you. Know, too, that those of us that barely know you are riding with you too. I'm ever so proud to know you. My best with you on your pedals tomorrow. Your Jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jewel

    I think of you often. As it is people like you that put a smile on my face and believe that there are good people in this world. I am so glad that you are still following my on my trip. As I am almost done. By Thursday I will be in Astoria and off the road for a while. But rest asure you I will not forget and when I tell people of all the nice fokes I met your name will be on my lips. As you are a good friend for life.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete