Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6 : 3200 miles pedaled!

I started out this morning knowing the toughest part of the day was the beginning.  A good climb right at the outset.  It took about an hour -- a 10 mile ride that took me up about 2500 ft.   T omorrow's ride will be up and down and up and down...but the sun has been shining and today got up to about 85 degrees.

i rode through Old Gold Rush country today.  A couple of old towns, Virginia City and Nevada City, and then I did pass a gold panning operation..big machinery that they use(d) to mine gold.

I am keeping a good but fairly leisurely pace, so rode today from 9 - 4, with an hour off for a good lunch.  A good day's work I guess.

Tonight I am staying at a nice KOA campground, with a pool that felt really great when I jumped in after the end of my ride today!

My odometer tonight:   3202 miles!   Woo hoo

What lay ahead of me this morning

to my left...

to my right....

Looking back on where I came from today

Old gold panning operation

3 comments:

  1. 3202 miles? Wow! Very impressive! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevada city, Virginia city?? Are you near Reno,Nevada? What are you doing in Nevada? Weren't you going through Idaho and Oregon towards Seattle?...........I'm lost,...help. Soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3200 miles? That's nothing. I have 3500 on my bike. Of course it's taken me 4 years to get there. (Think of me though --enough of youyouyou-- I'm doing a virtual tour of the moon. I chart my progress on this huge map every 25 miles. You ought to consider this for your next trip...no traffic, lots of solitude, enthralling sites [I look up the moon sights on the internet when I travel past them].) 3202 miles, eh.... hm...... Parden me while I go rub my knees.... Jewel Dirks Crowheart pal

    ReplyDelete