Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I see the Pacific Ocean!

Today brought me to the Pacific Coast.  I still have about 100 miles to ride north to reach Astoria, but seeing the Pacific Ocean was amazing.  To realize I bicycled from sea to shining sea is pretty unreal!

Today started out rainy and mid 40s.  It rained off and on most of the day.  I hate riding in the rain.  Put on the arm and leg warmers and the raincoat, get rained on, climb up hill, sweat, get wetter, it's not comfortable.

My ankle/heel whatever it is felt really bad this morning.  Looked as bad as it felt, too.  But as the day went on, it actually started to feel better.  I am definitely icing it all evening.

I have met a biking partner, and she and I have been keeping up with each other for the last several days. Her name is Karen; she is a teacher from Alaska.  She is completing the Missoula - Astoria section of the trail, as she did the Yorktown - Missoula portion a few years ago.  We start out in the morning together, and usually meet up at the end of the day.

Tonight I am staying in Tillamook, Oregon and today as the last 'IT'S ALL GOOD IN DELAWARE' DAY!
http://www.itsallgood.de/


My first glimpse of the Pacific Ocean

I made it to the West Coast!


A large expansive sand dune

Beautiful view up the coast of Oregon

2 comments:

  1. Jeff!!! Fantastic! "O Joy O Joy" said Lewis or Clark. What an incredible feat (feet?)! I hope that your bones, tendons, muscles, and girlfriend all survive and recover from what your spirit expects of them. I'm heading down to the Snowy Range for a goat packing trip early Thursday morning, so I ACK! won't be able to see your FINAL DAY comments as they are posted. BUT, know that I'll be thinking of you all day! WOW, what an adventure! I'll check in when I get back next week, and you let me know if you're ever around Wyoming again. I'll take you on a goat packing trip where all you'll have to do is sit around and eat chocolate and fish..... I'm very proud to know you. Wow. Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jewel
    I will let you know if and when I am in Wyoming again. I would love to go on a trip with you if I can keep up. You are quite the lady. I like that you go and do what you want. Keep in touch. My email is jeffking07@hotmail.com if you want to get me just email.

    Jeff your friend

    ReplyDelete