Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

4,414 miles...and done

Today I rode from AStoria, about 15 miles to the town of Seaside, Oregon, so I could finish my bike ride like I started..with my wheels in the water.   So, today, I dipped my front wheel in the Pacific Ocean, and completed my 4,412 mile journey.   Took me through 10 states, cold rain and hot dry weather, longflat straight roads and mountain climbs.  I survived nasty dogs in Kentucky and bruises and a swollen achilles heel.  But I made it!!

My brother and his wife and two young daughters drove from near Spokane, WA to meet me at the end of my ride.  Karen, who I rode with over the last week, was there to celebrate her accomplishment as well.

Thanks to everyone who supported me and followed me on my ride.  And please do not forget the good cause of Livestrong...research for a cure for cancer, which took my mother and my brother and so many others.

And a special thanks to everyone who supported my ride on a personal basis too (list of sponsors on the left)

Dipping my front wheel in the Pacific Ocean in Seaside Oregon


Me and Karen, both celebrating a great accomplishment


This is Lewis and Clarke Country!
My final odometer tally.  4414 miles!

6 comments:

  1. The Pacific ocean looks very peaceful but cold. It's hot as hell in Delaware right now. Happy Trails Jeff. Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your accomplishment! ---Karl and Terri Schwamberger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi All

    Thank you for all the support. The ride went good and I had lots of fun. I will be going home on Wensday July 27 th to go back to the real world.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff, I'm proud to be one of the many who are so proud to know you. You are certainly a role model for me. It's just fantastic to know you--to know that REAL people do these UNREAL and amazing feats. Write a book, man!! Congratulations! Wow! Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, I ran across your touring blog and enjoyed it. You introduced us to Dan, and then he was gone. What happened to him? You roused a certain amount of curiosity about the initial group you were in though I did follow that split. Did they finish? Thanks for allowing me to enjoy your tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, I was glad to see you finished your trek. What a great adventure, awesome accomplishment, and heartfelt tribute to those you have lost. As for me, all is well, back in Wisconsin, found a new job, and already looking forward to my next trip out west. I recently read a quote that said "Live a good life... its not the years in the life, but the life in the years" Congrats on finishing your ride, and I have to ask.. Whats next?

    Safari Gregg Trobentar from the Tetons

    ReplyDelete