Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

A day to enjoy Grand Tetons (and friendly helpful folks)

First, I must say, people are just so darn friendly and helpful.  First, I got a lift to Jackson from one of the ranger's husband.   Got my bike fixed, then rode/hitchiked/rode part of the way back, til I came across a few guys and one of them kindly gave me a lift back to the Park.

Spent the day hiking and taking pictures, right up until I realized I'd lost my cell phone.  Luckily, the lady who found it called the 'last dialed call', told my buddy Bill she was leaving it at the ranger station.  He called Cathleen, who called Dan, who let me know.  Now, these ranger stations are not 'one on every corner', so a really nice guy named Gregg Trobentar offered to drive me and I quickly recovered my phone.  Then Gregg and I decided to go looking for moose...or whatever other wild animal we could find.

No moose, but plenty of other .. a large herd of elk, deer and a brown bear. 











Lots of picture today...enjoy...and I will be back here again someday without a doubt. 

1 comment:

  1. Terrific story about the lost phone. AND you are one of the LUCKY ones to see a black bear. Plenty of folks who live here never see one! Great gift for you. Jewel Dirks (Crowheart bud)

    ReplyDelete