Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Eugene Oregon and beyond...

It's hard to believe I am almost finished my journey -- 235 miles more.  I expect to finish on Thursday.
I  started out Satruday  morning knowing I had a big climb.  I climbed over 2000 ft, to Ochoco  pass, which took me two hours ... about a 12 mile climb.  i spent Saturday night in Sisters.  Then Sunday another big climb...McKenzie pass.  Interstingly enough, the road I was riding on just was opened, as the snow had finally melted and the road was passable. 
Sunday night I made it to Eugene, and when I started this morning, Monday, I had 235 miles to go.

Unfortunately, my achilles heel has started to bother me...lots of ice and thankfully it feels better when I pedal than when I walk.  Just want it to hold out a few more days...

Some of the landscape we rode past were lava flows which was pretty cool.  Weather is cold and rainy (47 degrees and a misty rain).   After 101 miles yesterday,  and 92 miles today, I am stopping in Grande Ronde, OR for the night. 


New meaning to the term 'shoe tree'

Saturday's climb


Lava field




Sunday's climb



1 comment:

  1. Holy smokers, Jeff. Such an incredible adventure. This part of it must seem especially incredible, as you have more "past" than "future" to think about. Incredible job! All your family, those who are cheering you now, and those who are riding silently with you, must be so proud. Speaking of those silent family members--I bet they can be rather chatty in your head at times. I hope so. Jewel

    ReplyDelete