Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday, July 10

The last 3 days have been alot of riding and most of it in the middle of nowhere...60 mile stretches with nothing...and a major Verizon Wireless 'dead zone'.

I spent Friday evening in Missoula, MT - which is a nice size little city, and I took advantage of a nice motel room, because I knew it would be a while before I could find another one.  Not to mention, my tent was pretty wet from a major windy storm from Thursday night!   Missoula is the home of adventurecycling.org - which is the founding organization of long distance cycling, and the organization that maintains and promotes the cross country bike trails like the one I am riding.  So I stopped at the headquarters for a visit.

Saturday the route backtracked south and then west to Idaho - woo hoo state # 8,  - and I have spent the weekend riding along the Lochsa river which basically parallels the trail I am on.

Campground last night in Lowell, Idaho.

Interesting site today:  several homes located on the far bank of the river, yet there is no bridge.  The all park their cars on the other bank, and then step into a 'car' or 'gondola' of a sort and ride across the river to their house.

So, Idaho is pretty but very isolated, and I've not seen a whole lot of cyclists anywhere. I have been riding by myself since I left Yellowstone, but still have met lots of nice folks at the campgrounds.



Lola Peak.  Pretty but thankfully not on my route!

Woo hoo State #8 and   Pacific Time Zone!


Here is a 'car' or 'vessel' that homeowners across the river use to get from their 'driveway' to their house.

Riding along the river for 2 days now...

2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating thing to be riding alone, and sometimes with folks, and then alone again. I always think that the people I meet hiking are the best friends I have for life--even though I've only been with them a short time. I envy the sites you're seeing, Jeff. Great, great rider you are! Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
     I was so very sick when I came across someone telling story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
    Dr Itua help me to cure my Bladder cancer, I take his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completed. He resides in west African but I order his herbal medicines through Mail which I received withing 5 days also I was instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally I'm well now.
    I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancerStomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.

    ReplyDelete