Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blue Ridge Mountains

Today is Day 6 - and the last few days have been some tough mountain riding!  These mountains are the hardest climbs on the whole trail, because the roads are so steep.  Today, coming down off the Blue Ridge Parkway into Vesuvius, Virginia - the steepest downhill on the trip.  And it was curvy, steep and there was a lot of braking going on!    The hills have been difficult riding, and my muscles are letting me know!

Yesterday we rode the Blue Ridge Parkway, spending the night last night near the southern entrance to Skyline Drive  (near Rockfish Gap).

I also wanted to remind everyone ...Tuesdays on this trip are "ITS ALL GOOD IN DELAWARE" Tuesdays!  I wore my All Good (IAG) riding jersey and remember this incredible group of folks back home who not only have supported me on this trip, but do so much good for so many people in Delaware.

Today, I also crossed over the Appalachian Trail...where I walked 4 years ago. 

I am meeting some great folks along the way...cancer survivors who encourage me, and others who are just good friendly people. 

So, tonight...a rest in Lexington, Virginia motel with a hot shower and a good meal.  Good night all!

It's All Good in Delaware!!


The Cookie Lady is legendary on the Trans Am


Theresa, Cancer Survivor - Whitehall, VA

The Appalachian Trail - Hey I've been here before!

Sandra, who donated to Livestrong in honor of her daughter.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Jeff...can't wait to see more pictures along your way!

    ReplyDelete