Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kentucky - Thursday May 19

Yesterday it was cold - rained all day, and I stayed inside warm and dry.  It was a needed rest though, cause my legs are feeling these hills and needed a day off too.  Today I woke up and it was still raining.  But I had to get off that mountain and out of that fog and rain.  It was too foggy to go early, it would have been dangerous, so I waited till about 9 to leave.

Not far after I started I reached my first state line - and into Kentucky.  This portion of the trail is infamous for the dogs - that chase bike riders.  All the guys who I started out with had pepper spray. 

And today I was chased by at least seven dogs.  On the down hill it's not bad cause they can't run as fast as I ride, but on the uphill it gets very annoying.  At one point, there was one on either side of me and they get close and nip at my feet.  I just use my voice to scare them away - and for those of you who know me or worked with me - you understand how that works!

So tonight I am in Hindman Kentucky, staying in a warm room at the First Baptist Church of Hindman.  So many hospitable, welcoming people who look out and help us on this trail.  My riding buddies are about one day ahead of me, so I am hoping before too long we meet up again.

Due to rain on Tuesday, I have made today 'IT'S ALL GOOD IN DELAWARE' Thursday - thank you to my supporters back home!

It's All Good In Delaware!  I wear this shirt while riding - Thank you!


The Kentucky Border

No comments:

Post a Comment