Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Monday, May 16, 2011

A rainy rainy Monday

Today was a very miserable and tough ride.  It rained - poured rain - all day.  It was cold.  And the mountains were steep.  So, putting on my arm and leg warmers, and working (riding and walking) my way up the mountains I worked up a sweat.  Coming down the mountains - I was really cold.   By the time I stopped for lunch, my arm warmers were literally dripping water.

I passed some tornado damage today; you could easily see the path of the tornado up over the hillside..and everything in it's path snapped about 10' up.  Pretty incredible.

I did 71 miles today, and find myself staying in a nice quiet dry place - Dickinson First Presbyterian Church in Haysi, Virginia.  Thank you to Teaching Elder Daniel Jarstfer for his hospitality this evening. 

The guys I've been riding with - who have nicknamed me Grampa - go figure - rode on ahead to the next town, and hopefully we will catch up again tomorrow.  They asked if I minded them calling me Grampa - I told them no - cause I sure felt like one today!  Looking for some warm sunny days...hopefully soon.

tornado damage

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Jeff... glad to hear you are doing so well..
    Best
    Robin Stracey (Patrick's dad)

    ReplyDelete