Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mechanical Difficulties: May 21 2011

Today started out great - sunny skies, warm, riding with Dan and  his dog, Russell.  ...we packed up and were out of here around 8 this morning.

But...I realized toward the end of the day that I was having some problems shifting..turns out my gear shifter cover was busted...then missing...then realized a small piece and spring were broken inside it.  No bike shops any where nearby, and the next closest one is closed on Sunday.

So my plan is to rough it tomorrow, riding without shifting my back gear ...will be no fun on these hills.  Hoping I can make it to Harrodsburg tomorrow and find someone to ride me down to the bike show in Danville on Monday morning, get the shifter replaced and move on...hope I don't lose more than one day with this. 

Urgh - frustrating when equipment breaks down. 

New riding Friend (Russell)


Russell and Dan - Russell rides along in his own trailer!

Beautiful country here...



My tent (and me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment