Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday 5/13

Wow, yesterday I did 92 miles, and today another 58 miles.  Last night, the guys I've been riding with headed up to Blacksburg, Virginia, but I headed to the Days Inn in Christianburg.  Got a good rest, and headed out this morning.  In Radford, I stopped into the police station, where the chief hooked me up with a pastor friend down in Wytheville.   Rev. and Mrs. Wilder have opened their home up to me for the next two nights.   Since it is supposed to rain tomorrow, I think tomorrow will be my first 'zero' day.

I want to thank the police in Radford - they took several of my flyers and let lots of folks know of my trek.

I've gone up and down alot of hills over the last few days.  I am now in Wytheville, Virginia -- Southwest of Radford VA, and NW of Greensboro, NC.  Completed about 430 miles (whooohoooo 10% done!)

Alot of turtles on the road, including this guy which I almost ran over.

Wildflowers along the road

The New River, Radford, Virginia
I've uploaded a few photos from the last couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. It's been great to have you guys in our home. I salute your courage for undertaking this journey of hope. -- Alan

    ReplyDelete