Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Today was day 3 of my ride.  We have completed approximately 146 miles, and we find ourselves camping in the back yard of the Mineral Fire Company Firehouse in Mineral, Virginia.    Starting to find the foothillls of the mountains, and today was definitely the toughest day for me physically.   I am trying to keep up with these young kids I am riding with!  They have been great waiting for me and encouraging me too!

I have uploaded a couple of pictures, one of the guys I am riding with, and the other of our 'home' for the night.  Thank you Mineral Firefighters for your hospitality!



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are close to Frostbug! Just take a little detour north and I can root for you in person!
    -Celina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a motley crew to me! Hope you guys are having fun up there. I think I'm at the KOA you were at a few nights ago, just before Ashville. Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double D here (get your mind out of the gutter!)...Dave & Dawn in Hartly, wishing you the best of luck and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the support. It has been good so far. Hoping to stay dry over the next week. Does not look good rain for the next 3-4 days. So it looks like rain for me.

    ReplyDelete