Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain...rain...rain...

And yet another day of rain.  I got up this morning and debated (and debated) should I ride or should I stay?  So,  okay, I ride.  Well,  I ride for only 10 miles.  Because as soon as I ride, it pours rain.  It is cold (45 degrees), and it is POURING.  In my face pouring rain.

Okay, so I didn't go too far.  But, when I can see through the fog and the rain, I can see that it is beautiful country here.  I am at Breaks Interstate Park...the "Grand Canyon of the South" right on the Virginia/Kentucky border.   This is the location of the deepest gorge east of the Mississippi River, 1650' deep.  A beautiful lake and lots of hiking trails. There is lots to do and I will definitely put this on my list of places to return to for a nice long weekend visit.   You can check out the website:  http://www.breakspark.com/.

If I wake up tomorrow and the forecast is more rain and more cold weather,  I am staying put.  Face it, I'm 51 years old and I don't need to ride in this nasty weather!  I can handle the heat, but I hate this cold!  Here are some pictures (through the rain and fog) of the beautiful landscape I am riding through.




Breaks Point Lodge overlooking the State Park (Grand Canyon of the South)

3 comments:

  1. It is snowing in Utah hope that stops by the time you get here. Your doing great bro keep it up. Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Jeff Go!!! We all are cheering...and feeling for ya. This 50-something would have found a warm fire and hot chocolate, and stayed put after this day. You're awesome!

    Deborah the Red Head at the Gate :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all the support. It is nice when I get to a computor and see that you all are following my trai. I still am looking for good weather both day and night. As for now I like the sun shine so keep it coming. Jeff

    ReplyDelete