Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3rd - Welcome to Illinois!

Hi all - I got an early start this morning out of Seabree.   Last night I met up with Corey  Dalpee, who started out with us in Yorktown.  We both left Sebree with the same destination in mind - Elizabethtown, Illinois.  To get into Illinois, we had to ride the Cave of the Rock ferry boat across the Ohio River.   The actual attraction (Cave of the Rocks) was closed due to the bad flooding that occurred here this spring.

Today was very hot.  Indeed, Corey's odomoter has a thermometer - which registered 114 at one point today.  Most of the ride was fairly flat, except for the last 10 miles, which were up and down and up and down.

Arriving in Elizabethtown,  I am camping at the River Rose Bed and Breakfast - $5 for a campsite and a shower - but the best part of the entire day - I got to jump in the pool.  That felt great after such a hot day.

The Elizabethtown Diner is famous for the catfish dinners - so Corey and I enjoyed a dinner together.  There is a group of motorcyle bikers here, and they generously took some of my flyers to spread the word on their travels.  Jeff and Kanlyn Watson from Indiana gave Livestrong a very nice donation as well!

Got lots of pictures today - and completed about 65 miles for the day.


Corey Dalpee

Riding the Ferry over the Ohio River into Illinois

Aw Man...I will be out of town and will miss it...


State #3

Another coal barge on the river

This feels great!

My home for the night

Bruce, the host at the River Rose Inn...welcomes alot of bicylists

The E-town Diner

A fuzzy picture of Corey and Me having our Catfish and Hush Puppies dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment