Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A weekend in the Rocky Mountains




We have had such beautiful weather to be here, riding and enjoying this majestic part of the country.

On Friday, we rode from Silverthorne to Hot Sulphur Springs, and it was a decent, but not strenuous pace. We had a stop scheduled in Hot Sulpher Springs, so we didn't have to push ourselves to get here. 

This was a personal highlight for me too because my sister and her kids were driving from Southern Utah to meet me here and spend a short weekend together.

We found a great place to stay called the Ute Motel, and when they found out about my Livestrong quest, they very graciously donated a one night stay!  Check them out at http://www.utetrailmotel.com/.     Dan decided to take advantage of the natural springs/spa and relax.

My sister arrived late Friday night, and we got an early start on Saturday for our planned visit to Rocky Mountain National Park, so we had a drive to Estes Park, CO, which is the entrance.  We climbed to about 14000 feet elevation.  The ups and downs were indescribable, but took its toll on her mini van...overheated brakes, transmission.  We had to stop and rest it several times.  But the views and the fun were great (and so was the snow ball fight we had) .  I am pretty  sure I never had a snowball fight in June!


Rocky Mountain National Park

Elk Herd in the Rockies

One of the many mountain lakes


My sister Teresa, my nephew Wyatt, niece Sadie and me


Elk up close

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment