Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Friday, June 17, 2011

One long flat road...

Yes, that best describes our day today.  Flat, empty, long, but at least it  was not a bad wind.  Indeed, we have been rather 'lucky' in the last two days, with more of a tail wind than anything else.  It is amazing what a difference a good tail wind makes, compared to trying to stay on the road with a side wind or riding against a head wind.

We did 90+ miles today and we are in Eads, Colorado.  We made two milestones today:  The Mountain Time Zone, and the state of Colorado!!

Dan and I have had some fun riding together...even though there has not been much to see.  It's been great to have the company and the conversation...and every now and then we run into other bikers - some going in the opposite direction, some going the same direction. 

I even gave Dan a good scare -- were riding past one of the few houses we've seen, and he was well in front of me (with no rearview mirror)...and I start to bark..and get closer...and he thinks it's a dog that he can not outrun!  The faster he pedals the closer the 'dog' is getting.  Not until I was on his heels did he turn and realize it was me.. :)


Lot of southwestern flora around here...cactus, and tumbleweed. 


State # 6

This is what I have looked at..all day...and same on tap for tomorrow!

My home for the night - behind the Sheriff's Department...and it is raining...and the tent is leaking.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are really flying can not believe your only one state away. Hope to see ya soon Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your ride! my son greyson is in your colorado photo - we enjoyed saying hello to you and talked about you a lot on our drive. -leslie

    ReplyDelete