Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

IT'S ALL GOOD IN DELAWARE !




It's All Good In Delaware is a great charitable organization in Dover, Delaware that does all kinds of good things to help folks locally.  They have been a great supporter of my ride.  Check out their website:
http://www.itsallgood.de/

Today was a 67 mile day.  I stopped to visit a  very nice man named Herman, who welcomes all transamerican bikers into his home.  He is a very interesting man, who has been in this country from German for 40+ years.  He loves to tell stories about his life and appreciation of America.  Was a nice visit with a nice man.

I also met a nice family (the Harts) who wery very supportive and appreciative of my ride.

Today I am settled for the night in Ellington, Missouri.  I am about 225 miles directly east of Joplin, MO.  I understand from other bicyclists that from here on for the next few hundred miles, motel lodgings are difficult to come by, as most of the motels are housing displaced tornado victims, volunteers, media etc. 

The hot weather has not let up at all, but I started early and was done by about 2:30 this afternoon, and that certainly helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment