Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Windy Windy Wyoming

The last couple of days have been so windy that I have, literally, been blown of the road.  Even going downhill, if the wind is at us, it's slow.   I think some of the winds yesterday were 40 - 50 mph.

Yesterday we rode about 80 miles, trying to make our way to what we thought was a fairly decent area to camp, eat, shower, refresh.  Well...okay we could camp.  No place to eat.  or shower.  or refresh.  Luckily  we pleaded with the Dominos in the nearest town and were able to get them to deliver pizza. 

Then today we rode another 83 miles.  Not as windy today, but still plenty of wind.  And today was hot, and dry.  But tomorrow I should be at or close to the Grand Tetons...hoping to take a detour to actually visit the National Park.

So, tonight I'm at the Stagecoach Motor Inn...Debois, Wyoming.  Along the way today I met some nice folks who were supportive of my trip ... wanted pictures with me, and donated to Livestrong too...thank you! 



A Beautiful Wyoming Sunset

A River Runs Through It

Jewel Dirks...thank you for your donation!

1 comment:

  1. Great congratulations for making it up and over the pass. Jewel (Crowheart)

    ReplyDelete