Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Newton Kansas...and a rest day

Yesterday was a long  ride with a steady 30-35 mph wind coming at us from the South.  It's interesting that Dan, who can handle the hills better than I can, has a harder time with the flat ride dealing with the winds than I do.  He has termed me a "flatlander" - well coming from Delaware that about describes my riding style!  Riding in Kansas is not a lot different than riding in  Delaware.

The ride dealing with that wind is exhausting, especially 92 miles of it, which we did yesterday.  Found a nice motel to stay in last night, with a pool, laundry facilities and a great free breakfast.  It is so nice we decided to stay an extra day and make it a rest day.  Laundry done, a bit of bike maintenance, good breakfast, steak dinner, rest.   We will be up and ready to move on tomorrow!

Please don't forget to pass on the word about my ride; and don't forget it's for a good cause.  Click on the "Benefiting Livestrong" logo at the top of this page to donate.  And thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment