Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday, June 28 Nice Folks in Wyoming

We rode a good 75 miles today -- all in the 'high plains desert' of Wyoming.  It's amazing...very desertlike landscape.    We stopped for lunch in Rawlins, (the best rhubarb strawberry pie, with vanilla ice cream...no small portions in this area for sure)  and made our way on to Lamont for the night.  We were told there is very few food choices available around here, so I decided to ride to the Pizza Hut for a pizza.     A few of the patrons asked about my ride...and then were very generous and provided a donation to me for Livestrong. 

Our home for the night is a campsite at the home of a nice lady named "L.B."...she lives out here in a trailer but has a nice set up for bikers who are coming by.  She loves to help out the bikers.  So a nice area outside for our tents, and a really well stocked refrigerator (drinks, food, snacks, and hot dogs that you can grill on the grill).  It's great!  (Of course, I would not have rode out here with a pizza from Pizza Hut strapped to my bike had I known)!

The weather today included a lousy storm from which we were lucky enough to be near a place where we could wait it out inside!

Our host, L.B.  "before her morning coffee"
We saw lots and lots of antelope herd today on our ride.  It's been fun to see the varied wildlife out here in this area.

High Plains Desert...really rather flat and, well, flat.

I'm going that-a-way!

Desert like sagebrush

My home for the night...at "L.B"s in Lamont, Wyoming. 

3 comments:

  1. Flat and desert-like alright. Not what I pictured Wyoming to be. Looks like it would be quite chilly there in the dead of winter. It should be a crime to have this much fun Jeff. Happy trails and keep on pedaling. Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. And yes it is very cold in winter time one of the locals was saying it got down to mins 50 this past winter.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat tent that is. What kind? Jewel PS. My family were all Rawlins/Hanna folks. Came out in 1901 to be coalminers. Can you imagine growing a garden in that country? Thanks for visiting this country, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete