Support my LiveStrong Goal!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rough day in the Rockies

We have seen some wonderful scenery and landscapes, but today was hot and the hills were steep.  We are finding long desolate stretches.   We stopped to see the "royal gorge" along our route.  Pam, at the Park Visitor Center, was so nice - she lent us her car to ride the 4 miles to the bridge, and then was kind enough to make a $10 donation to Livestrong.  This is the site of one of the top five scariest bridges (highest suspension bridge) in the world.  This is located outside of Canon City, Colorado. /  Check out the awesome views of this place:  http://www.royalgorgebridge.com/

I also saw my first buffalo today.  For those of you who know me well, this was pretty special, because I am an avid  "Buffalo" fan...collecting anything and all things buffalo... 

I have learned today I definitely need to carry more water for this part of the trail.  Thankfully Dan was able to share, as at one point we were well further than 15 miles from any place where I could find any. Of course, it's tough..you can only carry so many water bottles.    Also, cell phone coverage is becoming really spotty...




Royal Gorge Bridge  (no it's not the "captain") 


The first Buffalo sighting of the trip


Royal Gorge Bridge, Canon City, Colorado


No comments:

Post a Comment